Why Contact your
Photos of RTAC members meeting with their legislators are here.
A summary of the materials presented at a
NRTA Conference including
'talking points' and other suggestions is here.
A QUOTE TO THINK ABOUT:
many people think of government
as an entity that is out there and
does things to or for us.
Government ought to be of us,
a tool that the people use to do collectively what they cannot do
more than for most folks —
· POLITICIANS control the laws that penalize your Social Security if you are or were a teacher, a firefighter, a police officer or other state or local employee.
· POLITICIANS shaped the laws that cut your Healthcare Insurance rebate recently.
· POLITICIANS responded when you demanded that they restore that rebate.
· POLITICIANS introduced bills in Congress to REPEAL THE PENALTIES on your Social Security.
· POLITICIANS signed onto those bills as co-sponsors, and then KEPT THE BILLS LOCKED UP IN COMMITTEE for a year.
· POLITICIANS, including many of the co-sponsors, refused to vote the bills out of committee.
POLITICIANS determine your life!
e-mail alert network,
a group of people dedicated to the vital task of letting legislators know that:
Retired Chicago public employees still exist and function; and
Our needs must not be ignored just because our public service has ended!
Join RTAC’s e-mail alert network
your wishes be known!
YOU HAVE TO BE AN RTAC MEMBER to join!!
1. Just click on Editor;
2. Write “RTAC Alert” in the “Subject” line; and
3. Give your name and zip code.
about one retired
Chicago Public School teacher in 35
cares enough to promise to ask legislators to support our needs.
Are we really asking
(What would you think of a class where only one kid in the whole class even PROMISED to turn in one essay??)